opening excel files with links to other data sources

  1. #1
    Saul
    Guest

    opening excel files with links to other data sources

    Hello,
    When i open then first file there is no problem, but when i open the 2nd
    file with links to other data sources it takes like 10 secs to display the
    update dialog, but when I try to open the third file it takes like 30 secs
    and so on!!! so imagine when i want to have 10 files open that has links
    toother data sources.
    I found something interesting, if I select options/general/ignore other apps
    there is a great response opening the files. The files open inmediatly and
    great!! the problem is that now i can not open files from explorer o folders,
    i have to open then from the file menu! Help me please.
    Regards

  2. #2
    Saul
    Guest

    RE: opening excel files with links to other data sources

    I forgot to tell you, i am using Windows XP and Office 2003.
    Thanks