Paste to adjacent cells

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    Paste to adjacent cells

    Hi All

    If I have Data in cells A1 to A10
    or C1 to C23 etc
    and I want to paste more Data along side, to B1 to B10 or D1 to D23. Even
    better would be if I could paste to either side of the data.
    Is there away to do this without having to highlight those cells, this would
    save me allot of time.

    Thanks in Advance

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Paste to adjacent cells

    Dave,

    When you paste, it pastes the amount of stuff you've copied. If you've
    copied 10 vertical cells, that's what it's gonna paste. You need only
    select the top-left-most cell before you do a paste.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud

  3. #3
    Earl Kiosterud

  4. #4
    Earl Kiosterud

  5. #5
    Dave
    Guest

    Re: Paste to adjacent cells

    Hi Earl

    If I copy one cell from somewhere in the sheet, I want to copy that one cell
    to all the 10, 23, 40, 50 etc cells that are to the left which means I would
    have to highlight those cells. Is there a way to paste what ever amount of
    cell there is to the left.

    Thanks in advance

    Dave

    news:%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Paste to adjacent cells

    Dave,

    Seems to me I once saw a way to do something along those lines, but here's
    the best I could come up with now.

    Start with a cell selected in the column to the left.

    Press Ctrl-Down. Selects last cell in the column.
    Press Right. Selects cell to right (bottom of desired selection
    range).
    Press Ctrl-Shift-Up. Selects from there up to the top of the worksheet.
    Press Shift-Down Changes top extent of selection.

    It's four steps. When you get the rhythm, make us a video. We'll put it to
    music.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud