How do I convert numbers stored as text with spaces to numbers

  1. #1
    Baffuor
    Guest

    How do I convert numbers stored as text with spaces to numbers

    I imported data into excel but the format for the numbers is in the form of
    text with spaces eg 1000000 entered as 1 000 000, 00. execl cannot read the
    numbers and I would like to convert.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How do I convert numbers stored as text with spaces to numbers

    Hi!

    Use a helper cell:

    A1 = 1 000 000, 00
    B1 = Formula:

    =--SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""),",",".")

    Removes the spaces and converts the comma to a decimal point.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...