#VALUE# error with Data Validation

  1. #1
    KG
    Guest

    #VALUE# error with Data Validation

    Cells B10:K10 contain sales data. Cells B20:K30 display the percentage of
    Product A included in cells B10:K10.

    To reduce clutter in B20:k30, I added data validation that only permits
    entries if the corresponding row in B10:k10 contains numbers greater than
    zero. The problem is that cells B20:K30 are used in subsequent
    multiplications and, if they are left unpopulated as a result of data
    validation restrictions, I end up with a bunch of #VALUE# errors. Is there a
    work-around?

  2. #2
    Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)
    Guest

    Re: #VALUE# error with Data Validation

    KG wrote:
    > Cells B10:K10 contain sales data. Cells B20:K30 display the percentage of
    > Product A included in cells B10:K10.
    >
    > To reduce clutter in B20:k30, I added data validation that only permits
    > entries if the corresponding row in B10:k10 contains numbers greater than
    > zero. The problem is that cells B20:K30 are used in subsequent
    > multiplications and, if they are left unpopulated as a result of data
    > validation restrictions, I end up with a bunch of #VALUE# errors. Is there a
    > work-around?

    Answered in your other posting on the same subject.