Save Excel as web page

  1. #1
    Frank R
    Guest

    Save Excel as web page

    I saved an Execl worksheet as a web page and published it to my web site.

    Problem is that in Excel, I have Frozen the panes, since the worksheet is
    several screens wide. It is onl one screen long though.

    When I save is as a web page, I can not seem to freeze the panes, so when it
    is viewed in Explorer, you lose the main title cloumns, which are important
    for the viewer.

    I tried to save it as an "interactive" page, but then the screen is
    shortened and you have to scroll sideways and up and down to see the data.

    The one page is perfect for my needs, except for the lack of controlling the
    left border.

    Any ideas how to do this, or do I have to create this entirely in Frontpage,
    which is what i am using for the web site itself.

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Save Excel as web page

    When you open a file saved with interactivity in IE it uses the Spreadsheet
    Component of the Office Web Components. This seems to have a mind of its
    own on how big it should be. It does appear though that the bigger you make
    the IE window before you open the file, the bigger the SSC window. That may
    be the extent of our 'control' as far as I can tell. So you'd have to
    advise users to maximize IE before opening your file to maximize the
    spreadsheet. If that doesn't cut it then maybe the SSC isn't the way to go.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...