How to change the position of a comment box

  1. #1
    Frederic
    Guest

    How to change the position of a comment box

    At the moment I have a sreadsheet with comments explaing columns headings.
    However as the comment box always lies to the right of the cell, the comment
    boxes of my last 2 columns are not visible on the screen and one has to
    scroll to the right to read them.
    Is it not possible to have the comment box to the left? I have tried moving
    it, when hiding and unhiding it, but afterwards it always returns to the
    righ.
    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: How to change the position of a comment box

    I don't think we have any control over where the comment box appears on a
    mouse over.

    As an alternative to cell comments you might try using the Input Message
    part of the Data Validation feature. Although we cannot control where that
    appears it doesn't matter as it is floats on top of the screen and is not
    blocked by window edges, etc. The cell does have to be selected however for
    the message to appear, but to me this is another plus.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: How to change the position of a comment box

    Debra Dalgleish has some code to put them back closer:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset