formula that calculates upon saving only

  1. #1
    hw
    Guest

    formula that calculates upon saving only

    I need a formula that will only calculate when the page is saved with "save
    as" only. This will be a reconcile spreadsheet for a retail store. I want the
    petty cash end of day (H21) to become the petty cash start of day(J3), for
    the next day. Is this possible? I want it to only work for "save as" b/c the
    managers will be opening and closing this spreadsheet all day, so they will
    have to save but I think they could use "save" for that & "save as" the final
    time.

  2. #2
    TomHinkle
    Guest

    RE: formula that calculates upon saving only

    I don't know if you can differentiate between save and save as.

    But, in listening to your whole problem, I'd just make a macro button for
    them to push that would run your special macro.

  3. #3
    hw
    Guest

    RE: formula that calculates upon saving only

    Thanks Tom,
    I am really having problems with Macro. I am not that skilled. Do you know
    of a quick instruction page. I've been using a book but its's made for 2003
    not 2002. Any help you can provide is appreciated.