random assignment of subjects to treatment groupw

  1. #1
    ctm59
    Guest

    random assignment of subjects to treatment groupw

    Is there any way to randomly assign experimental subjects to one of 4
    treatment groups using Excel program? (I have the added software called
    analyse-it, too.
    Can't seem to figure out if this is possible with Excel.

  2. #2
    Jeroen
    Guest

    RE: random assignment of subjects to treatment groupw

    heya,

    Can you please be more specific to what you are actually intending?
    --
    Jeroen van Nieuwkerk

  3. #3
    ctm59
    Guest

    RE: random assignment of subjects to treatment groupw

    Hi,

    An example of what I'm trying to do is to take a group of experimental
    subjects, which I have numbered from 1-20, and assign them randomly to one of
    4 treatment groups. I can do this with SAS, but I want to be able to do this
    within Excel, if it's possible, because I'd REALLY like to get away from SAS.
    Do you know how to do this?
    thanks!

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: random assignment of subjects to treatment groupw

    assume the list is in A1 to A20

    in B1 enter
    =rand()
    then drag fill down to B20, sort A1:B20 using column B as key 1.

    take A1:A5 for group1, A6:A10 for group2 and so forth.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    ctm59
    Guest

    Re: random assignment of subjects to treatment groupw

    Thank you so much, Tom! That worked perfectly.
    Fantastic!