Two instances of Excel in the Start Bar only one process in Taskmanager

  1. #1
    OJ
    Guest

    Two instances of Excel in the Start Bar only one process in Taskmanager

    Hi,
    Apologies for the long subject line. I have a user who, when he opens
    Excel, gets 2 instances of any file he has opened in Excel (including
    Bool1.xls) in both the Applications page of Task Manager and the Start
    bar, but only one Process (Excel.exe) in the Processes tab of Task
    Manager. Both instances of Excel point to the same Excel window and
    there is only one window in that instance of Excel's main window (ie
    it's not the issue of a workbook being saved whilst two windows of the
    same file are open). I haven't a clue what is going on...has anyone
    seen this behaviour before?

    Thanks,
    OJ

  2. #2
    DJH
    Guest

    Re: Two instances of Excel in the Start Bar only one process in Taskmanager

    Tools|Options View Tab has a check box for Windows in Taskpane. This shows
    all open workbooks in the TaskPane as seperate objects.

    Also you may have two copies of the same open workbook, identified as
    Book1.Xls:1 and Book1.Xls:2.
    If so just close by X one of them.

    news:[email protected]...