Highlight cells with ctrl-click but only un-highlight one cell

  1. #1
    hagan
    Guest

    Highlight cells with ctrl-click but only un-highlight one cell

    When highlighting a number of cells using ctrl-click, and accidentally
    highlighting one incorrectly, how can I un-highlight it without losing my
    other selections and starting over?

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Highlight cells with ctrl-click but only un-highlight one cell

    Hagan, have a look here for some code to do it,

    http://www.google.com/groups?threadm...TNGP10.phx.gbl
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    hagan
    Guest

    Re: Highlight cells with ctrl-click but only un-highlight one cell

    Paul,

    Thanks for the link. However, I'm at the point that BillB got to, where
    he said he couldn't find the personal.xls file and then how do you edit the
    Workbook_Open procedure?

    Hagan

  4. #4
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Highlight cells with ctrl-click but only un-highlight one cell

    hagan, have a look here on getting started with Macros on David McRithchie's
    site
    If you need anymore help post back

  5. #5
    hagan
    Guest

    Re: Highlight cells with ctrl-click but only un-highlight one cell

    Paul,

    Whew! That was pretty deep considering that I've never written a macro or
    used VBA. Finally got it working, and it's great. Thanks a lot for your
    help. Sorry I had to keep asking for instructions.

    Hagan

  6. #6
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Highlight cells with ctrl-click but only un-highlight one cell

    hagan, no problem, glad you got it working