how do i set up drop down menus to populate cells in excel?

  1. #1
    Louise Scott
    Guest

    how do i set up drop down menus to populate cells in excel?

    Hi,

    I'm trying to build a database in excel, and to aide data inputting, i'm
    trying to figure out if you can use drop down menu's like in the form view of
    access. eg in access you list all the possble responses and add this to the
    drop down menu for selection to populate the field so you don't have to type
    it out again. I'm using excel because several people will need access to the
    file and not many use access. Is it possible to do this in excel???

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: how do i set up drop down menus to populate cells in excel?

    You can use Data Validation to create dropdown lists. There are
    instructions in Excel's help, and here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Doug
    Guest

    Re: how do i set up drop down menus to populate cells in excel?

    Hi

    This is for a dropdown control. If H1 is your link cell and E5 is the cell
    where your list of dropdown value starts. Assign this macro to the control
    by right clicking on the dropdown control.

    Sub aaa()
    ActiveCell.Value = [E5].Offset([H1].Value-1, 0).Value
    End Sub

    <[email protected]>...