Vlookups

  1. #1
    Shaya M
    Guest

    Vlookups

    I have created a general order form in excel using vlookups, i would like to
    know if in repeating the function throughout a colomn is it possible to not
    have the #N/A show if there is nothing entered into it

  2. #2

    Re: Vlookups

    You could use Format|conditional formatting to hide errors (white text on white
    fill).

    Or you could change your =vlookup() formula:

    =if(iserror(yourformula)),"",yourformula)

  3. #3
    writetovijeta
    Guest

    Re: Vlookups

    Hello Shaya,

    Thanks for replying.

    Yeah, it may show #N/A if nothing is enetred into it.

    Hello Dave,

    I used your formula as well
    "=if(iserror(yourformula)),"",yourformula)", it isn't working.

    Waiting for the response.

    Regards,
    Vijeta

    --
    writetovijeta
    writetovijeta's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=68

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Vlookups

    > "=if(iserror(yourformula)),"",yourformula)", it isn't working.

    What Dave gave should work..
    maybe you could post the exact formula you're using?
    What's the results you're getting?

    > .. if nothing is entered into it ..

    Another way to approach this, where lookup formulas are copied ahead of
    expected data entry into the lookup cells would be to use something like:

    =IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,0))

    The above, of course, would still return #N/A
    if there was no match found for an input in A1

    But it'll serve the purpose in keeping the formula cell "blank"
    as per original post, viz.:
    > is it possible to not have the #N/A show
    > if there is nothing entered into it

    --
    Rgds
    Max