Print Spreadsheet tabs in a Workbook to a List?

  1. #1
    Jugglertwo
    Guest

    Print Spreadsheet tabs in a Workbook to a List?

    Is there any way to print the names of the spreadsheet tabs in a workbook?
    I would like to print a list of the 50 worksheet tabs that I have in my
    workbook to a paper.
    It would be ideal if the list could be produced on another spreadsheet in
    this same workbook.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks !
    Tim

  2. #2
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: Print Spreadsheet tabs in a Workbook to a List?

    This pdf has a macro that will do that:

    http://www.nesug.org/html/Proceeding...04/po/po07.pdf

    The macro is

    Sub worksheet_names()
    Dim WS As Worksheet
    Sheets.Add.Name = "Worksheet_Names"
    For Each WS In Worksheets
    Cells(WS.Index, 1).Value = WS.Name
    Next WS
    End Sub

    It will create a worksheet named "Worksheet_Names" and put the worksheet
    names on it.

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Print Spreadsheet tabs in a Workbook to a List?

    Hi Jugglertwo,

    You might also look at David McRitchie's 'Build Table of Contents' page at:

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Print Spreadsheet tabs in a Workbook to a List?

    Tim

    Macro ok?

    ''list of sheet names in a workbook - placed on a new worksheet
    Sub ShowNames()
    Set wkbkToCount = ActiveWorkbook
    iRow = 1
    With Sheets.Add