Changed column width keeps reverting back to original size

  1. #1
    David Boone
    Guest

    Changed column width keeps reverting back to original size

    When I change the column width on a sheet in a workbook and than save it and
    select another sheet and then go back to the sheet I had changed, it reverts
    back to the previous column size.
    I am trying to change the width of the columns so the worksheet prints on
    one page. As it is the columns are too wide across so it prints on two pages.
    The column headings are formatted to word wrap. I have tried to set column
    widths by going to format and than column and than setting column width and I
    have tried to click and drag columns to width I want. It works until I leave
    that page and than come back to it.

  2. #2

    Re: Changed column width keeps reverting back to original size

    Are you running xl97?

    Some posters say that upgrading to SR2 helps. But others have said that it had
    no effect.

    If you're not running xl97SR2, you may want to try it.

  3. #3
    David Boone
    Guest

    Re: Changed column width keeps reverting back to original size

    I am running Office Exel 2003. I have all updates loaded.

  4. #4

    Re: Changed column width keeps reverting back to original size

    I've never seen this happen (with any version, actually).

    Any chance you have a macro running that's adjusting the columnwidths?

    I don't have another guess.