What is this yellow box? ..Not a comment

  1. #1
    MistWolf
    Guest

    What is this yellow box? ..Not a comment

    Hello,
    My friend and I are pretty proficient in Excel, but have never seen this
    before. When selecting a cell, a yellow box pops up with information. I can
    move the box around the sheet, but it does not appear to be a comment. (When
    I do add a comment in the sheet, I can right click the comment to change
    properties and it also has a line attaching it to the cell it's commenting on
    - this yellow box does not).

    I've tried searching help, etc but don't know enough of what to look for.
    Any help would be appreciated!

    I'll send you a screenshot if you need more info - that speaks more than
    words!

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: What is this yellow box? ..Not a comment

    Hi!

    It's probably a data validation input message.

    Select the cell then goto Data>Validation. Click the Input message tab and
    see if there's an entry there.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: What is this yellow box? ..Not a comment

    It sounds like a data validation input message. There's information in
    Excel's Help, and here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  4. #4
    West Hartford, CT
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365

    Re: What is this yellow box? ..Not a comment

    thank you, that was it for me, I had no idea what it was!