Negative number formatting

  1. #1

    Question Negative number formatting

    Hi everyone, does anyone know how to do this? I hve a column of figures, some positive and some negative. I want to format them so taht the negative numbers are expressed in (brackets) and also so that the column itself is decimal aligned, so even if I don't use decimal places the brackets "stick out". I know Word does this in tables, but I can't seem to make Excel do it. Help! Thanks, Vicky.

  2. #2

    Re: Negative number formatting

    How about a custom format of:

    It uses two decimal spots and whole numbers will be shown like 7.00.

  3. #3
    Thanks, that's brilliant!