using vlookup?

  1. #1

    using vlookup?

    i want to return several values from sheet1 based on the value of column A. If column a (say a1, a3,a5 are true at this time) has a true value, i want the 2, 3, and 15, (b,c,o) column of each true value to be displayed....... Is vlookup the proper function to use? if so what am i doing wrong, and if not what can i use and how?

  2. #2
    jiwolf
    Guest

    Re: using vlookup?

    Yes. Vlookup is correct. see the help function.

    "static69" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Alan Beban
    Guest

    Re: using vlookup?

    jiwolf wrote:
    > Yes. Vlookup is correct. see the help function.
    >
    > "static69" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>i want to return several values from sheet1 based on the value of column
    >>A. If column a (say a1, a3,a5 are true at this time) has a true value,
    >>i want the 2, 3, and 15, (b,c,o) column of each true value to be
    >>displayed....... Is vlookup the proper function to use? if so what am
    >>i doing wrong, and if not what can i use and how?
    >>

    >>--
    >>static69
    >>static69's Profile:
    >>http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11075
    >>View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=375285

    If the functions in the freely downloadable file at
    http:/home.pacbell.net/beban are available to your workbook you might
    want to consider something like

    =VLookups(True,A1:O5,{2,3,15}) array entered

    Alan Beban

  4. #4

    Thnks Alan

    Great advice...thanks for the help...we'll see if i can get it to work now