SUM with Multiple Criteria

  1. #1
    NS
    Guest

    SUM with Multiple Criteria

    Hi!

    I am stumped on how to write an EXCEL formula that will sum the values
    in one column based on multiple criteria from other columns. Here is
    the example.

    I have these three colummn.

    PLAN DATE PAYMENT
    WG 2005/4/12 $ 100.00
    WG 2005/1/21 $ 150.00
    WG 2005/3/21 $ 50.00
    TF 2005/5/12 $ 500.00
    TF 2005/4/24 $ 250.00
    TF 2005/4/4 $ 250.00
    TF 2005/6/21 $ 125.00
    VG 2005/4/16 $ 100.00
    VG 2005/3/23 $ 100.00
    VG 2005/3/14 $ 100.00

    I want to sum the Payments where PLAN = TF and where the DATE is
    between 2005/4/1 and 2005/4/30.

    Any ideas? Thanking anyone in advance for their help! Greatly
    appreciated!

    Nadine

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: SUM with Multiple Criteria

    use sumproduct
    =sumproduct(pr="WG")*(dr>a1)*(dr<a2)*payr)

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...