Print both Portrait and Landscape - Excel

  1. #1
    Georgie77
    Guest

    Print both Portrait and Landscape - Excel

    I have a two page document. The first page should be in landscape Orientation
    and the second in Portrait. Is it possible to print the two different
    orientations from Excel??

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    TomHinkle
    Guest

    RE: Print both Portrait and Landscape - Excel

    Go to the View menu, custom views.

    Basically a 'view' in excel saves everything about print settings. so you
    set up how you want a page to print.. Including column widths, headers &
    footers, margins etc. then go to view menu, custom views.

    Then set up the second tab to print... when you've saved the settings, save
    that view as well.

    to combine views into a report, you have to use the report manager. It's a
    standard add-in, but not loaded automatically. From the tools menu, click
    add-ins and Report manager.. this will let you combine multiple views into a
    report.

  3. #3
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: Print both Portrait and Landscape - Excel

    I assume you are talking about something in an Excel worksheet. As far as I
    know, you can change the page orientation by worksheet, but not within the
    worksheet.

  4. #4
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: Print both Portrait and Landscape - Excel

    I don't have Report Manager as an option for my add-ins. Must I load it from
    the source disk?

  5. #5
    TomHinkle
    Guest

    RE: Print both Portrait and Landscape - Excel

    Hmmmmm..

    Sorry, I just checked mine too and it's not there either.. I know the report
    manager was there in earlier versions.. I'll look at the knowledge base..

    BUT at the very least, you CAN still use the different views... Even that
    will save some time switching the print settings back and forth...

  6. #6
    TomHinkle
    Guest

    RE: Print both Portrait and Landscape - Excel

    Thanks Microsoft..

    Well, this USED to be out of the box functionality.. Looks like you have to
    download the report manager add in now...

    Sorry (but it does work really well)

  7. #7
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: Print both Portrait and Landscape - Excel

    I just DL'd it from the knowledge base, but don't know what to do with it.
    Suggestions?

  8. #8
    Georgie77
    Guest

    RE: Print both Portrait and Landscape - Excel

    Thank you SO very much... You have solved an office-wide mystery!
    --
    Thanks!
    Gerogie77

  9. #9
    Georgie77
    Guest

    RE: Print both Portrait and Landscape - Excel

    We are using Excel 2003, a newer version, and we cannot find this Report
    Manager. Any other suggestions?
    --
    Thanks!