How do I add totals from more then 1 worksheet together

  1. #1
    Techman1960
    Guest

    How do I add totals from more then 1 worksheet together

    I'm making a worksheet that has 2 or 3 pages to it. I want to know how I can
    have a running total that carries over from sheet to sheet . In other words
    as I fill in the first sheet, it totals at the bottom (I know how to do
    that), but then as I add figures to the second sheet, I want it to total at
    the bottom also, with the figures from the first sheet.and so on for the
    third shet. For example, Page 1 + Page 2 + Page 3. I hope that you can
    understand my question.

    Thanks in advance for your help
    Phil

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor keithl816's Avatar
    Georgia
    MS-Off Ver
    Assuming totals were in cell a1 in all three sheets

    In sheet 2

    =sum(sheet1!a1+a1)

    In sheet 3

    =sum(sheet1!a1+sheet2!a1+a1)

    Hope this helps

  3. #3
    Techman1960
    Guest

    Re: How do I add totals from more then 1 worksheet together

    "keithl816" wrote:

    > Assuming totals were in cell a1 in all three sheets
    >
    > In sheet 2
    >
    > =sum(sheet1!a1+a1)
    >
    > In sheet 3
    >
    > =sum(sheet1!a1+sheet2!a1+a1)
    >

    > Hope this helps
    >

    > --
    > keithl816
    > keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=375980
    >
    > Keith, thanks for your reply. I tried to put your formulain, but I got an error. It came up with a value error. On my work sheets I renamed them Page 1 of 1, Page 2 of 2, and so on. If this makes a difference. I have a totals line on line 43, or otherwords C$# on all three sheets. I also have 2 more, but I should be able to do those ones on my own.

    TRhanks again for your help.
    Phil

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor keithl816's Avatar
    Georgia
    MS-Off Ver
    In your sheet tabs change the sheet name to Page1of1, and so on with the rest of the sheets, remove any spaces between words and numbers as shown below

    In sheet 1 change tab to read Page1of1

    Totals in Cell C43

    In sheet 2 change tab to read Page2of2

    Totals in cell C43

    Put this in a helper cell maybe D43

    =sum(Page1of1!c43+c43)

    In sheet 3 change tab to read Page3of3

    Totals in Cell C43

    Put this in a helper cell maybe D43

    =sum(Page1of1!c43+Page2of2!c43+c43)

    Hope this helps
    Last edited by keithl816; 06-03-2005 at 03:08 PM.