Conditional formatting and row highlighting

  1. #1
    Cary
    Guest

    Conditional formatting and row highlighting

    I have an extensive list of T-Bills.

    I would like to highlight those rows where the Maturity Date was before
    today.

    I can do this for those dates in Maturity Date column that meet this
    criterion using the conditional format db. But How can a go a step
    further and have the entire row highlighted?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting and row highlighting

    Say the "row" you're talking about is A:K, with your date of maturity
    located in Column G.

    With Row1 as a header row, select A2 to K100, then:
    <Format> <ConditionalFormat>,
    click "Formula Is", and enter this:

    =$G2<TODAY()

    Click on "Format", and choose the color of your Pattern, then <OK> <OK>.

    Be advised, that any row where Column G is empty (less the today), will
    highlight.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Cary

    Ragdyer wrote:
    > Say the "row" you're talking about is A:K, with your date of maturity
    > located in Column G.
    >
    > With Row1 as a header row, select A2 to K100, then:
    > <Format> <ConditionalFormat>,
    > click "Formula Is", and enter this:
    >
    > =$G2<TODAY()
    >
    > Click on "Format", and choose the color of your Pattern, then <OK> <OK>.
    >
    > Be advised, that any row where Column G is empty (less the today), will
    > highlight.

    Worked like a charm. Thanks!

  4. #4
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting and row highlighting

    Thanks for the feed-back.

    BTW,
    If you would like your *empty* rows to *not* highlight:

    =AND($G2<TODAY(),$G2<>"")

    Ragdyer wrote:
    > Say the "row" you're talking about is A:K, with your date of maturity
    > located in Column G.
    >
    > With Row1 as a header row, select A2 to K100, then:
    > <Format> <ConditionalFormat>,
    > click "Formula Is", and enter this:
    >
    > =$G2<TODAY()
    >
    > Click on "Format", and choose the color of your Pattern, then <OK> <OK>.
    >
    > Be advised, that any row where Column G is empty (less the today), will
    > highlight.

    Worked like a charm. Thanks!