Spreadsheet Questions

  1. #1
    Metalteck
    Guest

    Spreadsheet Questions

    I have a spreadsheet that has at least 30 worksheets. Every month, I fill
    information in certain columns. But when the new month begins, I have to
    manually go back to each day and erase all the previous entries made in that
    column. Is there an esier way to do this without having to do individually by
    column?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Spreadsheet Questions

    You could use a macro: how do you determine when a cell need to be cleared?

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Metalteck
    Guest

    Re: Spreadsheet Questions

    Usually we just do it at the end of the month. How would I create a macro to
    do it.

  4. #4
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Spreadsheet Questions

    Metalteck,

    Sorry, I should have worded my question more precisely.

    What criteria determine if a cell should be cleared? Do you clear all rows
    higher than row #, or columns I & J when column B is a number? Or.....

    If you are always clearing the same cells on each sheet, then you could
    simply turn on the macro recorder prior to starting to clear your cells,
    perform the clear, then turn off the macro recorder.

    If you have variable cell amounts that you clear, you could turn on the
    recorder, clear the maximum number of cells rather than just those needing
    to be cleared, and that should account for the variability.

  5. #5
    TomHinkle
    Guest

    Re: Spreadsheet Questions

    I'd just do one 'month end' clearing of the cells, then save that worksheet
    as the template for a new month.. that way you're not backfitting an older
    worksheet each month..