how do you get rid of the default background of "page 1" in excel

  1. #1
    Querty
    Guest

    how do you get rid of the default background of "page 1" in excel

    It doesn't give you the option of delete background to clear the default.
    I tried to add a blank background and that didn't work either; the "page 1"
    stays on the excel sheet. It blocks view of numbers on the sheet and is
    very frustrating!!

  2. #2
    From your description it seems you still have the sheet in page break preview.

    Click on print preview and then click normal view, 'page 1' will no longer be showing.

  3. #3

    Re: how do you get rid of the default background of "page 1" in excel

    View|Normal

    It's a feature of View|Page break preview

  4. #4
    Armand
    Guest

    Re: how do you get rid of the default background of "page 1" in excel

    In the "View" on the menu bar, select "Normal" if "Page Break Previw"
    is selected. That should remove the "Page 1" background.