Vlook up for matching data in two seperate sheets

  1. #1
    funky via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Vlook up for matching data in two seperate sheets

    I am trying to match two seperate excel sheets into a new excel sheet. The
    two sheets have a common column which is numberic. How do I append one
    sheeet to the other sheet, based on the common column. Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: Vlook up for matching data in two seperate sheets

    Do you mean you want to add the data from one worksheet to the same row of
    another based on that common key.

    It sounds like =vlookup() or =index(match()) would work ok.

    Visit Debra Dalgleish's site:
    for nice instructions.