How to permanently customize a toolbar??

  1. #1
    Sam
    Guest

    How to permanently customize a toolbar??

    I added a "Paste Values" button to one of my toolbars.
    {Right click toolbar, customize, Commands, Edit, Paste Values }

    However, after I started a new session of Excel, the button was
    no longer there. Is there a way to add a button to a toolbar, and
    have it appear every time I start a new Excel session, or open a new Excel
    document?

    Thank you!

  2. #2

    Re: How to permanently customize a toolbar??

    Perhaps you have multiple *.xlb files (where excel keeps track of your changes
    to the toolbar) fighting each other.

    I'd close excel
    windows start button|Search
    look for *.xlb
    in hidden folders and for hidden files.

    Rename them to *.xlbOLD. Then restart excel make that change. Close excel and
    restart it.

    If that icon is there, then delete the *.xlbOLD files. If not, rename them back
    to *.xlb and keep searching for the answer.