how to create a command button, then assign macro to it in excel

  1. #1
    kshaheen
    Guest

    how to create a command button, then assign macro to it in excel

    i want to know how create a command button in a cell in the excel sheet
    and then how to assign a macro to the created command buttton so that the
    macro will run once i click on the command button ?

    another question:
    is there any sites available on the internet where i can have online free
    training on the office components ( word , excel , powerpoint , access ,
    outlook) ?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: how to create a command button, then assign macro to it in excel

    View>toolbars>forms and click the button and then click on the sheet, then
    you'll get prompted to assign a macro

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    William Benson
    Guest

    Re: how to create a command button, then assign macro to it in excel

    I have never been able to get a button INTO a cell because a cell is a range
    object and you cannot really fill it with a button. But I can draw a button
    in the SAME PLACE as the cell and make sure I have set the 'move but don't
    size with cell' checkbox in the properties tab after right-clicking the
    button and selecting Format Control).

    When you double-click the button in design mode (a button on the visual
    basic tool bar turns on design mode if it is not already on -- remember to
    turn it off or the button cannot be clicked later) it should open to its
    click event in the VB editor. Here you can call the macro (hopefully a Sub
    in the same workbook, sometimes I cannot figure out how to call subs in
    other workbooks even though I understand the Syntax to be like
    Application.Run "OtherWorkbook!MacroName").