Named somewhere - but not by me.

  1. #1

    Named somewhere - but not by me.

    I have a spreadsheet that I have created with a few sheets in it, I have been trying to copy a sheet from this excel document to a completely new excel document.
    When i try to drag the sheet over I get an error message telling me that "A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name wrn.test. (with both full stops), which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name?"

    How can this completely new, blank spreadsheet have this name somewhere?
    I can't find where this name is! When I go to each page and look at the named ranges wrn.test. never appears!
    I havent put this name in my spreadsheet!! No-one else has had access to this spreadsheet to put this name in.

    So is this something that Excel does by default, I havent experienced this before. Anyone got a solution to my problem. Please!!

  2. #2

    Re: Named somewhere - but not by me.

    Excel creates names (usually hidden) when you run certain features. I think
    some wrn.* names are created when you use Report Manager. (I've seen them in
    other workbooks/worksheets when I never used Report Manager, too.)

    I'd get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew
    Henson) Name Manager:

    You can find it at:
    NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

    It'll help you decide what you want to do with the name.

  3. #3
    I didnt use report manager either!
    Thanks for your reply, I'll check that link out.