Excel on the Web

  1. #1
    DeeArgJay
    Guest

    Excel on the Web

    Is there a way to put an Excel spreadsheet on my website and allow others to
    actually input data into that sheet?
    If so, a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Dave

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Excel on the Web

    I have uploaded Excel spreadsheets into my webspace, but if anything
    changes, I need to upload it again. I'm sure there's something more
    elegant than this, but I'm not really a web person.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Val Mehling
    Guest

    Re: Excel on the Web

    On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:45:03 -0800, DeeArgJay
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Is there a way to put an Excel spreadsheet on my website and allow others to
    >actually input data into that sheet?
    >If so, a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.
    >Thanks
    >Dave

    Click on File and then Save As. This will bring up the Save As window.
    At the bottom is a drop down list labeled "Save as type", select save as Web
    Page (*.htm; *.html). This will bring up new Options to Save the Entire
    Workbook or Selection:Sheet. (You can select part of a sheet and publish only
    that part.) When you click on Selection:Sheet, a check box will become
    available which allows you to Add Interactivity.

    If you want users to be able to Save changes they make, it may be neccessary for
    them to download the sheet, work on it, and then publish it again.

    The Excel Help File should have more info about Publishing Worksheets.

    Val Mehling
    valjm16@DELETE_THISearthlink.net

    XRL (Extreme Racing League) Info
    http://extremeracingleague.com/

  4. #4
    Colo
    Guest

    Re: Excel on the Web

    Hi Dave,

    In this case, I think you can save your file on FTP location (if possible
    to share your folder).

    I have a tip with screen shots on my site, so please have a look at it and
    try it.

    http://puremis.net/excel/code/082.shtml

    Colo
    http://www.puremis.net/excel/

  5. #5

    Re: Excel on the Web

    You can share your spreadsheet over the web with a tool like BadBlue -
    http://badblue.com/helpxls.htm - with charts and interactivity
    supported. End-users only require web browsers, but I'm not sure that
    all formatting will come across to the browser.

    Doug

  6. #6
    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
    Guest

    Re: Excel on the Web

    If you require interactivity, a good approach is the Microsoft Office Web
    Components. An excel object similar to the desktop version is available as
    well as a chart and pivot table component that will work well on the web.

    Alvin Bruney
    [Shameless Author Plug]
    available at www.lulu.com/owc

  7. #7
    ynissel
    Guest

    Re: Excel on the Web

    Im using the MO web components - but my control boxed and drop down list
    boxes arent coming through. Any advise ?
    Thanks,
    Yosef