How to save an embedded Excel file?

  1. #1
    MSN STM
    Guest

    How to save an embedded Excel file?

    21:06 2005-6-7

    I received an Excel file, is a chart from a company. Because the Company logo and address occupied more than half page; and it has "freeze panes". This file is unable to select, copy or do any amendment.

    1. I intend to make some correction update and take away the big logo, and want to save as Excel Workbook.
    It says:
    This workbook contains embedded objects. Microsoft Office Excel may not be able to remove personal information from these objects.

    2. Then I intend to save as Spreadsheet:
    It says:
    A sheet in the workbook you are trying to save is password protected. Password protected sheets cannot
    be saved in an XML Spreadsheet. To save this file as an XML Spreadsheet, you must first remove the password.

    Anyone know how to solve the problem?
    If can't save the file, at least able select some cells and copy to other files to save it.
    Thanks. Chong

  2. #2

    Re: How to save an embedded Excel file?

    How about trying to save the workbook as a normal workbook?

    On the File|SaveAs dialog, make sure the "save as type" dropdown is:
    "Microsoft Office Excel Workbook (*.xls)"

    Then close excel and reopen it and open your newly saved workbook to see if
    you're happy.

  3. #3
    MSN STM
    Guest

    Re: How to save an embedded Excel file?

    Thanks.
    As mentioned, I tried as you said.
    Actually I tried to save all format you mentioned. None is available.
    I must say the creator is a high hand excel user. I thought only in PDF format we can do so.
    Any better idea?
    Chong

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4