how can i place the Format Painter icon on the Context menu?

  1. #1
    Saratusthra
    Guest

    how can i place the Format Painter icon on the Context menu?

    When working on repetitive tasks I would like to have the Format Painter Icon
    on my menu when I right click on a cell. How can I place it there?

  2. #2
    Naz
    Guest

    RE: how can i place the Format Painter icon on the Context menu?

    You cant unless you want to use VBA.
    You can always move the toolbar to a more convinient position
    --

    _______________________
    Naz,

  3. #3

    Re: how can i place the Format Painter icon on the Context menu?

    One way:

    Option Explicit
    Sub auto_open()

    On Error Resume Next
    Application.CommandBars("cell").Controls("Format Painter").Delete
    On Error GoTo 0

    With CommandBars("Cell")
    With .Controls.Add(msoControlButton, temporary:=True)
    .Caption = "Format Painter"
    .FaceId = Application.CommandBars("standard") _
    .FindControl(ID:=108).FaceId
    .OnAction = ThisWorkbook.Name & "!formatpainter"
    End With
    End With

    End Sub
    Sub FormatPainter()
    Application.CommandBars("standard").FindControl(ID:=108).Execute
    End Sub

    If you put this in a workbook and store that workbook in your XLStart folder,
    you'll have added this each time you start excel.

    You could also just open that workbook when you want to use it, too.

  4. #4
    Enrique
    Guest

    Re: how can i place the Format Painter icon on the Context menu?

    Dave,
    This was very helpful.
    Thank you!