rotate an Excel chart pasted into Word

  1. #1
    Everett Joline
    Guest

    rotate an Excel chart pasted into Word

    I created a chart in Excel that is best viewed and printed in landscape
    view.
    But after pasting it onto a page of my Word document, I can't figure out
    how to rotate it 90 degrees to better fit the page.

    Can anyone clue me in on how to do this?

    Many thanks,
    E-Jo

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: rotate an Excel chart pasted into Word

    In Word, select the chart
    Choose File>Page Setup
    On the Paper Size tab, select Landscape
    From the Apply to dropdown, select 'Selected Text'
    Click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: rotate an Excel chart pasted into Word

    I would suggest that (when imported into Word) you go into Page setup to
    change from portrait to landscape.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Everett Joline
    Guest

    Re: rotate an Excel chart pasted into Word

    Thanks Debra for getting back to me so fast. Unfortunately,
    on my version (2003) of Word it doesn't seem to work.

    First of all the Landscape selection is on the Landscape Orientation
    button on the Margins tab of Page Setup. But if I choose that
    it makes the paper extend (like a foldout) but doesn't change
    the orientation.

    Am I doing something wrong here?

    (There seems to be a rotate button available for all other pics, etc.)

    Thanks again.
    E-Jo

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Everett Joline
    Guest

    Re: rotate an Excel chart pasted into Word

    Well, what is the correct importing procedure, Bill?
    I want to extract a histogram chart that I made in Excel,
    and show it on a full page of my report, but rotated
    90 dgrees to better fil the page.

    Thanks,
    E-Jo

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: rotate an Excel chart pasted into Word

    In Word, right-click on the chart, and choose Format Picture
    On the Layout tab, select Square, click OK
    That should create a rotate handle, that you can use to rotate the chart.

  7. #7
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: rotate an Excel chart pasted into Word

    Go to the Excel chart
    Click on <Edit><Copy>
    Go to Word
    Click on <Edit><Paste>
    Click on <File><Page setup><Landscape>
    Click on the chart (this will bring up a border)
    Click on and drag out the blob at the bottom right corner (or another corner
    but never the horizontal or vertical as this will distort the chart) so that
    it fills the page.
    Job done!