File size too big after converting Lotus 1-2-3 to Excel

  1. #1
    Learner
    Guest

    File size too big after converting Lotus 1-2-3 to Excel

    Hi, I imported a Lotus 1-2-3 file (in .wk4 format) into Excel 2003, and then
    saved
    the file in Excel format. However, the size of the converted file was
    really big.

    Original Lotus 1-2-3 file size: 500 KB
    Converted Excel file: 14MB

    It seems that the converted file has a lot of free space in it as the zipped
    version
    is only about 400 KB.

    Please help if you encountered this problem before. Thanks. K Learner

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: File size too big after converting Lotus 1-2-3 to Excel

    Hi Learner

    Look on Debra's site

    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    K Learner
    Guest

    Re: File size too big after converting Lotus 1-2-3 to Excel

    Thanks for your advice.
    K Learner

  4. #4
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: File size too big after converting Lotus 1-2-3 to Excel

    Here's some info on the subject:

    http://www.bygsoftware.com/Lotus/white_space.htm

    --
    Andy Wiggins FCCA