Hyperlink Screen Tips in Excel

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    Hyperlink Screen Tips in Excel

    Hi All

    I paste Hyperlinks into Excel, When I paste them, they are highlighted and
    have Screen Tips if your hover the mouse over them. The Screen Tips look
    like Comments you can give a Cell. What I'd like to do is if the Screentip
    hyperlink in column (I) has the word "uk" in it I'd like that Row to turn
    Yellow. Would it be possible so I could press a macro button to search the
    highlighted cells and look for uk and make those rows yellow.

    Thanks in Advance

    Dave

  2. #2

    Re: Hyperlink Screen Tips in Excel

    Maybe something like this will get you started.

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()

    Dim myCell As Range
    Dim myRng As Range

    Set myRng = Selection.Areas(1).Columns(1)

    For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
    myCell.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
    If myCell.Hyperlinks.Count > 0 Then
    If LCase(myCell.Hyperlinks(1).ScreenTip) Like "*uk*" Then
    myCell.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 36
    Next myCell

    End Sub

  3. #3
    Dave
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlink Screen Tips in Excel

    Works fine

    Thanks Dave

    How would I make the highlighted none uk rows colour blue, should of thought
    of this at the time.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Hyperlink Screen Tips in Excel

    Record a macro when you change the fill color of a cell.

    Look at the code and pick out that number.

    Colors can vary for each workbook (if the user/developer change them). But 41
    was a lighter blue on my test workbook.

  5. #5
    Dave
    Guest