merging my excel files

  1. #1
    Donna YaWanna
    Guest

    merging my excel files

    I create several .csv files every day. The total number of files varies. So
    do the file names.
    All the file names have a date and time stamp in them. I want to be able to
    merge these files into a single file a couple times during the day. I don't
    want to delete or rename the originals - I just want to be able to verify
    the data going into the files is valid. Opening one file is easier than
    opening maybe 25 files and if they're all merged I don't have to worry about
    missing any.

    How do I create a batch file to merge all these files into a single csv when
    I don't even know how many files there are? I need some kind of wildcard
    trick, I guess. Any ideas? The file names are all something like "06-13-05
    164423completedrecordswithexpense.csv"

  2. #2

    Re: merging my excel files

    I'd just shell to the Command prompt: