show detail in pivot table

  1. #1
    robbie
    Guest

    show detail in pivot table

    Hi

    my pivot is set up like this

    code product qty
    0204 a 30
    b 35
    0205 a 30
    b 35

    I would like it to read
    code product qty
    0204 a 30
    0204 b 35
    0205 a 30
    0205 b 35

    help please

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,256
    You could use this formula in column D:
    =IF(ISBLANK(A5),A4,A5)

    You can't do what you want to do, in the Pivottable.

    Ola

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: show detail in pivot table

    The row headings show once in a Pivot Table, and there's no setting you
    can change, to force them to repeat.

    To create the table with a heading on each row, you can copy the table,
    paste it as values in another location, and fill the blanks:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  4. #4
    robbie
    Guest

    Re: show detail in pivot table

    thank you for clearing that up, I have managed to force a duplication through
    using an autonumber for each entry,

    cheers
    Robbie

  5. #5
    goldyjk
    Guest

    Re: show detail in pivot table

    if i copy and paste values for my pivot table is there an easy way to fill in
    the blanks - my list is 10000 rows and it would take hours to fill in manually

  6. #6
    Forum Expert
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,256
    I think Debra's homepages explains it well.

    Anyhow, do this:
    1. Copy the Pivottable and Past it as Values.
    2. Put the cursor in the first blank cell, and write ='the cell above'. I.e. if you put the cursor in A2, write =A1.
    3. Copy the formula you just wrote
    4. Then select the area with the blanks. Press Ctrl+G, click Special... and select Blanks
    5. Select from the menu: Edit>Paste Special... Paste: Values

    Done!

    Hope it helped
    Ola Sandström