how do i create an automaticly generating number for a document?

  1. #1
    Brad
    Guest

    how do i create an automaticly generating number for a document?

    I am wanting to create document with automatic document numbers, eg. invoice
    numbers, that will automatlicly increase with each document i create. Is this
    possible in excel or word? If so, can someone please explain how?

  2. #2
    garfield-n-odie
    Guest

    Re: how do i create an automaticly generating number for a document?

    You can do this with a macro in Word as described in
    http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm .

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: how do i create an automaticly generating number for a document?

    Take a look at

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html