Function to access custom fields in Properties

  1. #1
    Hall
    Guest

    Function to access custom fields in Properties

    Is there a function that can retrieve the value of any particular custom
    field in the file's Properties? Word has this but I can't find it in Excel.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Function to access custom fields in Properties

    Hall

    Copy/paste this User Defined Function to a module in your workbook.

    Function DocProps(prop As String)
    Application.Volatile
    On Error GoTo err_value
    DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
    (prop)
    Exit Function
    err_value:
    DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)