best practice?

  1. #1
    hsibbs
    Guest

    best practice?

    Is there definitive advice on Excel best practice?

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: best practice?

    About what? Narrow your question somewhat. What feature or procedure are
    you asking about? HTH Otto
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: best practice?

    There is definitively no definitive advice on anything.

    RP

  4. #4
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: best practice?

    Best thing I've seen on this yet is written by John F Raffensperger:
    http://www.mang.canterbury.ac.nz/peo...ets/index.html
    it's about spreadsheet design in general.

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "hsibbs" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: best practice?

    And Charles Williams' site has great tips on setting up for maximizing
    calculations speeds.

    http://www.DecisionModels.com

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  6. #6
    hsibbs
    Guest

    Re: best practice?

    Being an expert user (not a programmer or developer note!!) I am trying o put
    together some advice for users of excel, many of whom have terrible habits,
    mostly on the formatting side, eg putting a heading in two cells rather than
    in one and wrapping it, snd having blank rows and columns.

  7. #7
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: best practice?

    okay well my first item on the list would be "don't merge cells" ... causes
    problems when you try filtering & sorting etc

  8. #8
    Excel Best Practices Resource Center
    Guest

    RE: best practice?

    You can look at the book: "Excel Best Practices for Business" (ISBN:
    076454120X, Wiley Publishing, Inc.).