Format Question

  1. #1

    Format Question

    Hello! I am trying to set cell A5 = A1 + A2.

    The problem that I encounter is Cell A1 is all text and Cell A2 is a Julian Date that I converted to form of 5/1/2005.

    When I try to set Cell A5 = A1+A2 I lose the Date Formatting and Cell A5 brings over the text and the julian date.

    Any way to do this?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    in cell a5

    type in
    =a1&MONTH(a2)&"/"&DAY(a2)&"/"&YEAR(a2)

  3. #3
    Thank You!

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Format Question

    One way:

    A5: =A1 & TEXT(A2, "m/d/yyyy")

    I'm assuming that your "Julian date" is the XL sequential number for the
    date, rather than a true Julian date.