Paste from Word table so that 1 table cell = 1 Excel cell

  1. #1
    Dave G
    Guest

    Paste from Word table so that 1 table cell = 1 Excel cell

    I have a Word 2002 document with cells that I need to paste into Excel
    2002

    But, if the Word cell contains text in paragraphs, each paragrph
    becomes a new cell in Excel.

    How can I paste from Word to Excel so that all the information stays
    together and the paragraphs are all in ONE Excel cell?
    Dave

  2. #2
    Dan
    Guest

    RE: Paste from Word table so that 1 table cell = 1 Excel cell

    Dave,

    Highlight the text in word and then click on the cell you want to paste it
    in after the cursor is blinking in the cell.

    Dan

  3. #3
    Dave G
    Guest

    Re: Paste from Word table so that 1 table cell = 1 Excel cell

    Dan, you're the man -
    thanks.
    Dave

  4. #4
    Steve
    Guest

    Re: Paste from Word table so that 1 table cell = 1 Excel cell

    Hi Dan and Dave... I am having a very similar issue, except that I want to
    paste an entire table from Word into Excel, each cell of which will contain
    paragraph markers. For instance, a table in Word with two rows and two
    columns (four cells total), where each of these four cells contain paragraph
    markers. So I would not be able to click inside a single cell in Excel to do
    the paste, unless I only wanted to paste one of the four cells from the Word
    table. Is there a way to paste the entire Word table into Excel, so that the
    end result is two rows and two columns of data in Excel, each of which
    contains the same paragraph markers that are in the Word table? Thanks,
    Steve

  5. #5

    Re: Paste from Word table so that 1 table cell = 1 Excel cell

    You got one reply at your first post.