Can Excel do things like Quicken

  1. #1
    Justin
    Guest

    Can Excel do things like Quicken

    I would like to take me check book and enter in all information so I can get
    a good idea of where my money is going. But I would like to have Excel sort
    them into groups like eating out, Bills...Etc with a total so I can put them
    into graphs. Can Excel to this? I know quicken can but I don't want to use
    quicken

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Can Excel do things like Quicken

    You can use a pivot table to summarize the entries by category. There
    are instructions in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Georgia
    or you could do it the easy way: autofilter.

    have a column for category, and autofilter it.
    Brought to you by Pringles and his infinite genius. ~''~

    "Ctrl+Z is a beautiful thing."
    - Me.