Excel sheet not visible

  1. #1
    New group user 944
    Guest

    Excel sheet not visible

    When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu
    bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3 Pages)
    in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have repaired
    the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is
    something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up
    just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas.

  2. #2

    Re: Excel sheet not visible

    Maybe it's just off the screen.

    Window|Arrange|Tiled
    (and then resize it the way you want)

  3. #3
    Doug
    Guest

    Re: Excel sheet not visible

    Hi

    The only time I have seen this is when there are hidden rows at the bottom
    of the worksheet.

    Try Ctrl & Home or just Up arrow.

    Being able to see the contents of a cell in the formula bar and the fact
    that Print Preview works would tend to indicate this although I don't know
    why other users would not share your problem.

    Doug

    <[email protected]>...

  4. #4
    Shadow
    Guest

    Re: Excel sheet not visible

    I tried Window|Arrange|Tiled and it works for me.
    Interesting thing is that it would open ok for some people and not others.
    We use Office 2003 with XP OS.

    Thanks for the tip!

  5. #5

    Re: Excel sheet not visible

    Do your users use laptops and desktops?

    There could be a difference in the display settings that's causing the trouble.