Where's my XML item?

  1. #1
    Georgia

    Angry Where's my XML item?

    i've asked this several times without reply. hopefully someone out there has a brain enough to answer me.

    i'm running Microsoft Office 2003 Small Business Edition on a system with Microsoft XP Home Edition. I have a book entitled Mastering Excel 2003 Programming with VBA that i'm learning how to create Smart Documents with. This book says (and shows) that there should be a menu item in my "Data" menu in Excel that is called "XML", and also a TaskPane item called "XML Source" or "Document Actions."

    Can anyone tell my why none of those things are anywhere to be found in my Office suite?

    PLEASE help.
    stephen
    Brought to you by Pringles and his infinite genius. ~''~

    "Ctrl+Z is a beautiful thing."
    - Me.

  2. #2
    Georgia
    i will bump this thing until i get an answer.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Where's my XML item?

    Have a look at this website for comparing editions.

    It would seem that XML support is not provided unless you purchase the
    Professional edition.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...y/compare.mspx

    If this doesn't help, keep bumping, but perhaps in vain.

    Your "has a brain enough" comment will not endear you to many.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Where's my XML item?

    In addition....

    Tools>Customize>Commands>Data. Scroll down and check to see if the XML
    commands are available for dragging to your toolbar or to the Data Menu item.

    I am running Excel 2003 Pro edition so have all the XML functionality.

    Gord

  5. #5
    Georgia
    ok. so i got a new computer with office pro and xp pro.

    i have all the xml functionality, but i can't get smart documents to work. do i need to be connected to the internet to get them to work?
    Last edited by medicenpringles; 06-14-2005 at 01:56 PM.

  6. #6
    Georgia
    i'm asking a question here.