Free rotate cell content?

  1. #1
    Saint
    Guest

    Free rotate cell content?

    I need to know how to free rotate the content of a cell in Excel. I also
    need to know how to free rotate an imbed in Excel.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Free rotate cell content?

    Contents of cells can be rotated using Format/Cell/Alignment. It's not
    free-rotation, but is limited to plus or minus 90 degrees.

    You can get free rotation if you copy a cell as a picture (hold the
    shift key down as you select Edit/Copy Picture) and paste as a picture
    into the worksheet (Edit/Paste Picture). You can then use the Free
    Rotate tool on the Drawing Toolbar to rotate the picture as desired.

  3. #3
    Saint
    Guest

    Re: Free rotate cell content?

    This will rotate the cell contents, but it leaves the cell borders as a box.
    I need clean lines. It does work for the imbed.

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Free rotate cell content?

    It doesn't leave any lines when I use the "as viewed on screen" I also
    turn gridlines off when I copy and paste picture.

  5. #5
    Saint
    Guest

    Re: Free rotate cell content?

    My gridlines are off. Where or what is the "as viewed on screen"?

  6. #6
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Free rotate cell content?

    When you copy picture, at least in XLv.X, XL03, and XL04, a dialog pops
    up asking if you want the picture as it appears on screen, or as printed.

  7. #7
    Saint
    Guest

    Re: Free rotate cell content?

    Thank you for your help. It did not work with the "as viewed on screen", but
    did work with the "as printed". It works great with the imbeds.