Im in trouble!!! Please Help!! JS

  1. #1
    JimmyS
    Guest

    Im in trouble!!! Please Help!! JS

    Hello,

    Ive bitten off a bit more than I can chew and said I would do a database for
    my mum but have become stuck. Here is problem in a nut shell. its a data base
    of employees but need a multi-criteria query but can't work out how to:

    Set criteria so when seraching for gender, you can not only do male or
    female but also search for both. Any ideas???

    Also how do I set criteria for tick boxes?? What to serach for all people
    who ticked/didn't tick the box.

    Thanks so much for your help. I will be forever in your debt!!!

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Im in trouble!!! Please Help!! JS

    If I understand what you're asking, say gender is in Column D, denoted by a
    "F" and a "M".
    Gender search criteria is entered in E1 - either M or F or MF or FM.
    *No Quotes* should be used in either the gender column (D1:D100) or the
    criteria cell (E1).

    =LEFT(E1)&" Count = "&COUNTIF(D1:D100,LEFT(E1))&IF(LEN(E1)=2," &
    "&RIGHT(E1)&" Count = "&COUNTIF(D1:D100,RIGHT(E1)),"")

    As to your second question, how are these "ticks" being entered?
    What form are they in?

    --
    HTH,

    RD