Borders do not need to be pasted, this should be the default posi.

  1. #1
    hanitam
    Guest

    Borders do not need to be pasted, this should be the default posi.

    I am using Office Excel 2003. When copying or moving cells I never want the
    border from the original cell as well. All except borders should be the
    default position. It should not be necessary to go to the toolbar arrow
    beside the paste sign or to right click paste special, or repair borders
    later.

  2. #2

    Re: Borders do not need to be pasted, this should be the default posi.

    hanitam wrote...
    >I am using Office Excel 2003. When copying or moving cells I never

    want the
    >border from the original cell as well. All except borders should be

    the
    >default position. It should not be necessary to go to the toolbar

    arrow
    >beside the paste sign or to right click paste special, or repair

    borders
    >later.

    Since when did you start living in an ideal world? Why should your
    opinion and needs carry any greater weight than someone else who always
    wants borders? If you mean why can't Excel provide a means to allow
    users to set various defaults, the answer is that Microsoft doesn't see
    sufficient economic incentive to do so.

    If you want this functionality by default, write a macro, and add an
    icon to your toolbar to run it.

  3. #3
    David
    Guest

    Re: Borders do not need to be pasted, this should be the default posi.

    =?Utf-8?B?aGFuaXRhbQ==?= wrote

    > I am using Office Excel 2003. When copying or moving cells I never
    > want the border from the original cell as well. All except borders
    > should be the default position. It should not be necessary to go to
    > the toolbar arrow beside the paste sign or to right click paste
    > special, or repair borders later.

    I only wish XL2000 did that. I'm tired of repainting borders every time I
    or someone else I work with copies a cell or group of cells not realizing
    borders don't get copied too because the gridlines are still visible.

    --
    David

  4. #4
    The Walm
    Guest

    "hanitam" wrote:

    > I am using Office Excel 2003. When copying or moving cells I never want the
    > border from the original cell as well. All except borders should be the
    > default position. It should not be necessary to go to the toolbar arrow
    > beside the paste sign or to right click paste special, or repair borders
    > later.

    The answer is ctrl+c to copy what you want to copy.
    Move to the cell you want at the top right of where you are copying to as
    usual.
    Then alt+e, then s, then x then return.
    This should paste special the cell contents except borders.
    Bingo.
    Paste special has a whole bunch of useful pasting options.