How do I un-embed images in Excel and save them to another folder.

  1. #1
    marcusgrimm
    Guest

    How do I un-embed images in Excel and save them to another folder.

    Ideally, these worksheets would've been set up correctly the first time.
    However, they weren't.

    I have several thousand rows of product data. One column has a graphic image
    (gif) embedded inside it. The rest of the columns are basic product info
    (Name, SKU, etc).

    I need to convert this data to XML, but the embedded images won't go.
    Realizing I need to "un-embed" them, saving each graphic with a name to a
    folder of images. Question is - what's the best way to do this quickly in an
    automated fashion? Third party solutions welcomed - I just need it done.

  2. #2

    Re: How do I un-embed images in Excel and save them to another folder.

    If your version of excel can save a file as "Web Page (*.htm;*.html)" (under
    the "save as type" box on the File|SaveAs dialog), then when you save it, you'll
    get a new folder with all the pictures under the folder with the file.

    That new folder will be named like filename_Files.

    If I recall correctly, this was added with xl2002.