Green Triangle in Cell

  1. #1
    M. B. Collins
    Guest

    Green Triangle in Cell

    What does it mean when a small green triangle appears in the upper left hand
    corner of a cell ? If this is an error, how do I correct it ?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    You have an option selected in Tools, Options Settings, to 'enable background error checking'

    This attempts to let you know of suspect items as listed.

    Untick this box to remove the checking

  3. #3
    Ben Milam
    Guest

    Re: Green Triangle in Cell

  4. #4
    Ben Milam
    Guest

    Re: Green Triangle in Cell

    "Bryan Hessey" wrote:

    > You have an option selected in Tools, Options Settings, to 'enable
    > background error checking'
    >
    > This attempts to let you know of suspect items as listed.
    >
    > Untick this box to remove the checking
    >

    > --
    > Bryan Hessey
    > Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21059
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=381847
    >
    > What causes the triangle? It causes problems in sorting as Excel does not recognize the contents as intended.

    Ben Milam

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Green Triangle in Cell

    Generally if you click on the green triangle it will tell you what the error is.

    If your data is not sorting correctly, could be that what looks like numbers is
    actually text.

    Format as General then copy an empty cell.

    Select the data and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP