Need to convert Office 97 Excel doc to Office 2003!

  1. #1
    Kim
    Guest

    Need to convert Office 97 Excel doc to Office 2003!

    Just purchased new Office and old Excel ('97) spreadsheets need to be
    converted - can't be opened!

  2. #2
    dlw
    Guest

    RE: Need to convert Office 97 Excel doc to Office 2003!

    New Excel should be able to open old Excel files, it's the other way 'round
    that doesn't work.

  3. #3
    garfield-n-odie
    Guest

    Re: Need to convert Office 97 Excel doc to Office 2003!

    If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the
    Office Plugin that comes with it. See
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office
    programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more
    information.

  4. #4
    Kim
    Guest

    RE: Need to convert Office 97 Excel doc to Office 2003!

    When I open the doc it says can't find anything to print - and the page is
    indeed blank...

  5. #5
    Kim
    Guest

    Re: Need to convert Office 97 Excel doc to Office 2003!

    Interesting - I had Norton/Symantec on my old system (I just bought a new PC
    and had my old drive installed) but Norton isn't enabled right now - I have a
    free copy of AVG running, though...

  6. #6
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: Need to convert Office 97 Excel doc to Office 2003!

    There is no reason why your 97 files cannot be opened in 2003 (or 2000 or
    XP, come to that).

    Are you sourcing the file from a server or stand-alone PCs?
    Do you still have your old system? Can you still open the file on it?

    If we are talking about stand-alone machines ...
    What is the file size on your old system?
    What is the file size when you copy it to your new system?

    How did you transfer the files?

    --
    Andy Wiggins FCCA
    www.BygSoftware.com