Calling all Excel Guru's Help!!!

  1. #1
    matt shepherd
    Guest

    Calling all Excel Guru's Help!!!

    Ok Fellas here's one for you to get your teeth into! - I'm exporting an
    Excel template from Microsoft great plains (back office) into excel, the
    template is for address labels so all the formatting is set up in macros,
    the template is a centrally stored file so that all our accounts users use
    the same template.
    the problem I have is that 1 of the users end print from excel spills onto
    2 pages, all the settings are the same for layout -dpi - paper size - tray
    selection, basically ive mirrored the settings of all the other machines and
    they are all fine except this "problem Machine" the problem is not user
    specific its definatly machine specific.

    Any help in this would be much appreciated

    thanks.....Matt Shepherd

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Calling all Excel Guru's Help!!!

    Sounds like an OS/Printerdriver problem to me.........

    If you have a desktop printer with it's proper driver, install it
    temporarily and check the print, chances are, it will be ok.........
    which would eliminate Excel and the local computer as the problem, and point
    to the LAN/server/printer driver

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    matt shepherd
    Guest

    Re: Calling all Excel Guru's Help!!!

    All Pcs are printing to the same printer and are using the same print
    drivers...

    Thanks but i dont think thats the solution.....

    regards....Matt

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    London
    Have you updated the print driver on that machine ONLY from the Windows Update site? One of my colleagues did this on a few Win 2K pc's and it caused chaos on one of our applications. The whole driver had to be removed/purged from the registry and reinstalled; a hideous job. (XP is a lot nicer to work with because you can roll the registry back)

    Either way, if it's too big a problem to solve, reghosting the pc can solve a lot of problems.

    Hope this either helps or rules something out.

    MS
    Martin Short

  5. #5
    Jef Gorbach
    Guest

    Re: Calling all Excel Guru's Help!!!

    Could be an OS/Driver problem -- IE: the Top Margin offset differs by appox
    2.5 lines between Okidata's Win98 and Win2000 drivers.

  6. #6
    matt shepherd
    Guest

    Re: Calling all Excel Guru's Help!!!